Police assigned to the Fraud Squad is reminding the public to be mindful of fraudulent activities involving Point of Sale (POS) machines.
In recent weeks, there has been an increase in the reports of business operator losing their POS machines to criminals. Business operators and customers are asked to be vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to the police. Here are a few tips to help you:
- Do not leave POS machine unattended
- Do give POS machines to customers without paying attention
- Verify that the machine belongs to the business before using it
- Sign up with your financial institutions to get alert on transactions
- Check receipts after transactions to ensure the POS cost is correct
- Always keep credit/debit card in your line of sight