It’s five days to Christmas and Sleek has decided to give you a little help in the Kitchen courtesy of Chef Oji Jaja of Ashebre The Virtual Restaurant
The culinary expert started cooking very early. He shares that his love affair with food started when his mother used to task the children on a Saturday to prepare lunch, and because of the religious background of the household, lunch would be a light meal, no heavy cooking. And in a turn to avoid the more tedious chores he would opt to go to the kitchen.
A perfectionist, Jaja says “I enjoy the fact that each ingredient brings its own flair to each dish especially when layered to create a world of possibilities.
With that, he shares this recipe so you can spice things up this Christmas.
Pan-seared Snapper with Spaghetti and Roasted Pepper cream
1tbsp coconut oil
3tbsp Ashebre’s Blackening Spice
4oz Broccoli (Diced and blanched)
2 6oz portions snapper filet
2oz Ashebre’s Peri-Peri Sauce
4oz cooking cream
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Season Snapper filet liberally with blackening Spice.
- Heat a medium sauté pan with coconut oil until lightly smoking.
- Once heated add snapper and cook for 3 minutes, then flip and remove from heat and allow carry over cooking to complete the process. Toss blanched broccoli on a low flame and allow to reheat.
- In a separate sauté pan, add 2oz Ashebre’s Peri-Peri sauce and 4oz cooking cream and combine until heated throughout.
- In pasta bowl add Peri-Peri cream, top with cooked spaghetti, broccoli and snapper.
- Serve with your favourite lemonade.